Informacje na temat stypendiów DAAD oraz innych wybranych organizacji stypendialnych dla studentów, absolwentów, doktorantów i naukowców.
Working Internships in Science and Engineering (WISE) • DAAD
Who can apply?
- They need to belong to one of the selected Indian higher education institutions (list of institutions). The list of selected institutions is influenced by, but not limited to, the following factors: AICTE approval, NAAC accreditation, MHRD evaluation, INI (Institute of National Importance) status established before 2010 and availability of 4- and 5-year undergraduate and integrated Master’s degrees respectively.
- They should be enrolled in programmes which can be classified under the broad fields of engineering, mathematics and natural sciences.
- They should be in the 5th or 6th academic semester of a 4-year Bachelor’s programme or in their 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th academic semester of a 5-year integrated or dual degree (Bachelor-Master) programme.
- They should not be former recipients of the WISE scholarship.
What can be funded?
Duration of the funding
- A monthly scholarship of 750 euros for undergraduate students (the monthly instalment will be calculated on a daily basis, i.e. 25 euros per day)
- A lump sum travel subsidy of 1,050 euros
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance covered by DAAD
Results are generally announced by the beginning of February.
- The applicant must search independently for a German professor/guide, under whose supervision s/he could carry out her/his research. In the case of several offers, the applicant must select one internship.
- Internships at private universities, research institutes or companies are not eligible.
- Applicants must be of Indian nationality.
- The applicant should be in possession of a valid passport by 1st December. The name on the application form must be identical with the one in the passport.
- Selected candidates are not allowed to draw funding from other German scholarship-awarding organisations or from other German public authorities simultaneously with a DAAD scholarship.