Why study Master Information and Communication Engineering in Darmstadt?
Since its foundation in 1877, TU Darmstadt has played its part in addressing the urgent issues of the future with pioneering achievements and outstanding research and teaching. TU Darmstadt focusses on selected, highly relevant problem areas in a way that technology is at the heart of all our disciplines. The Natural Sciences as well as Social Sciences and Humanities cooperate closely with Engineering.
Our excellent research has been recognised by multiple grants within the Excellence Initiative. Our graduates enjoy an excellent reputation in the business world. Our outstanding performance makes us one of the leading universities of technology in Germany and has earned us international visibility and renown.
- Four-semesters Master programme
- You can specialize in: Electronic System Design, Device Technology and Circuit Design, Communication Technology, Communication Systems, Computer Science & Media Technology, Information Technology
- Language of instruction is English. If desired: German in the second year.
- No tuition fees
Key entry requirements
The International Master Programme Information and Communication Engineering is open for students with a solid background in basic engineering subjects, as well as good foundations on information technology and communications. A Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a related area such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Communications Engineering is known to provide such background in Mathematics and Statistics, Physics, Foundations of Communication Technology, Foundations of Communication Systems, Signal Theory, Software Engineering, Computer Architecture and Electronics and Semiconductor devices.
- Application deadline: October, 1st – January, 15th and May, 1st- July, 15th for winter term intake.
- Step Inside Mentoring programme for beginners and comprehensive, individual services for international students.
- Centrally located in the Frankfurt-Rhein-Neckar metropolitan area with easy access to Europe's tourist attractions.
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Information and Communication Engineering