Here you will find an overview on the most significant DAAD scholarship programmes for PhD students and Postdocs from Poland. For more information, please visit the website www.funding-guide.de.
|Scholarship programme||Addresses||Description||Benefits||Duration||Link to Descripton|
|Research Grants – Short-Term Grants||Doctoral students and young scientists (postdocs)||Funding of a research stay at a university or a non-university research institute in Germany||
||1 - 6 months||Official announcement|
|Research Grants - One-Year Grants||Doctoral students||Funding of a research stay at a university or a non-university research institute in Germany||
||7 - 10 months||Official announcement|
Cotutelle Doctoral Programmes
|Doctoral students||Funding of a research stay at a university or a non-university research institute in Germany. The doctoral degrees are supervised both by a university teacher at the home university and an academic adviser at the host institute in Germany||
||Up to 18 months||Official announcement|
Bi-nationally Supervised Doctoral Degrees
|Doctoral students||Funding of a research stay at a university or a non-university research institute in Germany. The aim of this programme is to promote binational doctoral degrees at the home university and at a university in Germany.||
||up to 2 years||Official announcment|
|DLR/DAAD – Research-Fellowship-Programme||Doctoral students, postdocs and senior scientists from the areas of Aeronautics, Space, Transportation and Energy||Funding of a research stay at one of the institutes of the German Aerospace Center (DLR)||The support varies for doctoral students, postdocs and senior scientists.||PhD students: up to 3 years
Postdocs: 6-24 months
Senior Scientists: 1‒3 months
|Leibniz-DAAD Research Fellowships||Postdocs, who have completed their PhD no more than two years ago||Funding of a research stay at one of the Leibniz Association institutes||
||12 months||Official announcement|
|Postdoctoral Researchers International Mobility Experience (PRIME)||Postdocs, who see their long-term career perspectives in Germany||Funding of a temporary job position at a German university. The support is provided for 18 months, of which the first 12 months have to be spent abroad and the remaining six months in Germany||
||18 months||Official announcement|
As proof of German language ability DAAD recognises:
- results of the onSET test set by either DAAD Lektors or other German language teachers. Additional information: www.onset.de
- certificates from Goethe-Institut and Österreich Institut; TestDaF, DSD II, DSH, Telc Deutsch, ÖSD; German and Austrian high school results (Hochschulreife)
- DAAD language certificate (DAAD-Sprachzeugnis Deutsch) certified by any university German language teacher – only at universities where there is no possibility of completing the onSET test.
As proof of English language ability DAAD recognises:
- results of the onSET test set by either DAAD Lektors or other English language teachers. Additional information: www.onset.de
- certificates: TOEFL, IELTS, Cambrige ESOL
- DAAD language certificate (DAAD-Sprachzeugnis Englisch) certified by any university English language teacher – only at universities where there is no possibility of completing the onSET test.
Candidates who plan to study in English must also submit an assessment of their German language ability. Assessment of German language ability is still required of those who have no knowledge of German. Candidates from artistic disciplines are not required to submit proof of German language ability.